Re: [css-flexbox] Fixed mistakes in min-size:auto section, please review

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:39:24 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 08/18/2014 05:19 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> (In that post, I was focusing on the cross-axis *min*
>> size as the relevant "constraint", but it appears I should instead have
>> been focusing on the cross-axis *max* size, which in retrospect makes
>> sense.)
>
> min size will usually be zero, so we can't transport it across the
> aspect ratio; it'll nearly always dominate the terms and produce a
> min-size of 0.

Right -- I actually thought that might've been the intent, since this
bullet-point is about items with an intrinsic aspect ratio, and such
things (e.g. images) generally *can* be scaled down to an arbitrarily
small size without overflowing.  (and min-size:auto is about preventing
overflow; so if there's no risk of overflow, then it doesn't need to do
anything special)

Anyway, I think the new spec language makes sense; I'll post an update
if it stops making sense when I implement it. :)