Re: [css-flexbox] Fixed mistakes in min-size:auto section, please review

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 16:36:29 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 08/18/2014 03:28 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> 2. (Assuming a row flexbox.) We previously allowed max-width to
> contribute to min-width:auto, and later allowed max-height + an
> intrinsic aspect ratio to contribute, but we didn't generalize that to
> the 'width' case as well, so that a definite 'height' + aspect ratio
> would contribute.  That's fixed now.

I think this part makes sense.  It looks like this was basically
expanding on "any definite size constraints in the opposite dimension"
from the old spec-text, which is good.  I suspect this resolves a
request-for-clarification that I'd posed about this spec-text a little
while back.[1] (In that post, I was focusing on the cross-axis *min*
size as the relevant "constraint", but it appears I should instead have
been focusing on the cross-axis *max* size, which in retrospect makes
sense.)

Thanks,
~Daniel

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jul/0053.html