Re: [css-flexbox][css-grid] Doubt about properties that have no effect on flex/grid containers

On 08/08/14 01:16, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Manuel Rego Casasnovas <rego@igalia.com> wrote:
>> flexbox and grid specs have a very similar section about some properties
>> that don't apply to flex/grid containers. Let me ask a question about
>> how they should work using the following 2:
>> * all of the column-* properties in the Multicol module have no effect
>> on a flex/grid container.
>> * the ::first-line and ::first-letter pseudo-elements do not apply to
>> flex/grid containers.
>
> The column properties have no effect on a flex container, but a flex
> container placed *inside* of a multicol element will still act
> normally for how things inside of columns act.
>
> What it means, exactly, for ::first-line/letter to "not apply" to
> flex/grid containers isn't yet specified.  We need to better define
> ::first-line/letter.  Basically, though, it'll mean that
> ::first-line/letter on the flex/grid container itself won't match
> anything, and on an ancestor, the flex/grid container won't be part of
> that pseudo-element.

Thank you very much for the explanation, I think now I'm understanding
both cases properly.

About my example in the previous mail, it's normal that the flexbox have
2 columns, as it's what it's been defined by the container, but if you
move the flexbox to a different place it'll have only 1 column (as
column-count in the flexbox is ignored).

Regards,
  Rego