Re: [css-transforms] suggestion: single transformation function by simply giving edge positions

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Instead of defining a list of several transform functions, I suggest to just
> give the dx/dy offsets of the upper left/upper right/lower left and lower
> right edges of an element.
>
> For instance, a rule like this:
>
> img
> {transform: Point(10%, 10%) Point(-10%, 10%) Point(-10%, -10%) Point(-30%,
> 10%)
> }
>
> would result in the application to perform all necessary transformations in
> order to have the edges of the element meet the given calculated values.
>
> Here's a short movie clip I have created years ago to suggest this same
> feature to the HTML5 canvas element:
>
> https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=f18aeca352311e71&id=F18AECA352311E71!236&sff=1&authkey=!ADjO30UeJ7scJIU&v=3

I'm not 100% certain this is something that can be duplicated by
existing transforms.  For example, I don't think you can transform a
square into a rhombus, at least with the 2d transforms.  You could
definitely do it with 3d, but that might have unexpected effects,
especially if there's already a 3d scene being manipulated.