Re: [CSSWG] Minutes Telecon 2014-04-16

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:17:50 -0700
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On Apr 17, 2014, at 10:40 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>> On 04/16/2014 11:21 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
>>
>>> On Apr 16, 2014, at 5:41 PM, Dael Jackson <daelcss@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> TabAtkins: Background-repeat-x becomes background-repeat-x-repeat.
>>
>> I'm confused. Seems like maybe some colons are missing?
>> Would it be this, where the shorthand has a different value that
>> that part of the longhand?:
>>
>> 'background-repeat: repeat-x' becomes 'background-repeat-x: repeat'.
>>
>> Or is it:
>>
>> 'background-repeat: repeat-x' becomes 'background-repeat-x: repeat-x'.
>
> The former.

OK, but it seems odd to have a completely different value for the shorthand than what shows up in the longhand. Given 'background-repeat-x: repeat; background-repeat-y: no-repeat;', I would expect the longhand to be 'background-repeat: repeat no-repeat'  for the way CSS normally works. Should we change the longhand values too, and deprecate the old way?