Re: [css-color] Feedback on the image-orientation CSS property

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:18:27 -0700
To: Justin Novosad <junov@google.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Justin Novosad <junov@google.com> wrote:
> Not sure I understand Tab's suggestion of having it both in markup and CSS.

I'm not suggesting that, though I see how my comment could be read
that way.  I'm fine with it in CSS, in HTML, or in both.  Any of the
possibilities are fine with me.

> Does one override the other? Could canvas.drawImage only depend on the HTML
> attribute and not on CSS (to avoid depending on style computation?)

If we had both, I'd probably design it so that the HTML feature won
(the CSS one would supply a "default" orientation, which could be
explicitly overridden by the document language).  Then canvas and
similar things could look at just HTML when something was explicitly
specified.