Re: [css-color] Feedback on the image-orientation CSS property

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Justin Novosad <junov@google.com> wrote:
> > Not sure I understand Tab's suggestion of having it both in markup and
> CSS.
>
> I'm not suggesting that, though I see how my comment could be read
> that way.  I'm fine with it in CSS, in HTML, or in both.  Any of the
> possibilities are fine with me.
>
> > Does one override the other? Could canvas.drawImage only depend on the
> HTML
> > attribute and not on CSS (to avoid depending on style computation?)
>
> If we had both, I'd probably design it so that the HTML feature won
> (the CSS one would supply a "default" orientation, which could be
> explicitly overridden by the document language).  Then canvas and
> similar things could look at just HTML when something was explicitly
> specified.

Doing that would offer a solution to the canvas/WebGL problem without
foregoing the convenience of CSS. But I worry it would be too confusing.
Past experience: canvas width/height in CSS vs. markup
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2588181/canvas-is-stretched-when-using-css-but-normal-with-width-height-properties