Re: [css-gcpm][css-color] device-cmyk() interaction with RGB-space colors.

Hello Tab,

> Compositing and blending are both defined in terms of RGB colors.

Yes, currently.

> If you think it can be done in CMYK space, that's cool, but it needs
> to be defined,

it can't, not directly.

>  and we still need to define a sane behavior for handling
> mixtures of RGB and CMYK colors.

Your mention of 'sane' make me believe you think this needs to be
invented on the fly by this WG. It doesn't.

It certainly needs to be documented, but how to do it is already
established and already implemented a bunch of times so we just need
to summarise how that is done, and point off to other specifications
for further details.

I mentioned this at the f2f (the keywords being 'profile connection
space' and an extension to the color-interpolation property to add
Lab).

--
Best regards,