Re: [css-gcpm][css-color] device-cmyk() interaction with RGB-space colors.

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:11:49 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hello Tab,

> Sorry, I should have linked this:
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-color/#cmyk-colors>

That description needs a lot of finessing, because as-written it
introduces the general concept of CMYK and then says that device-CMYK
is how you do that.

This is absolutely not what we want to do (its no longer the 1980s).
Instead, we should talk about CMYK, explain how its generated and
handled in a modern colour-managed environment.

Another section would explain how compositing happens when the various
colours to be composited are specified in different colourspaces.

Lastly, as a special case where you really do want to specify
unmanaged CMYK (such as for quality control test strips) device CMYK
should be introduced as the way you do that particular thing.

--
Best regards,