Re: [CSSOM View] Units for window.screen

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 14:26:14 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> I have left the spec as is, because screen.width and screen.availWidth
> etc are likely used together with window.resizeTo et al, which existing
> content most likely assumes to be measured in CSS pixels. If we change
> both to use device pixels, windows will get smaller than the author
> intended on high-DPI devices.

On the other hand, changing screen.width when the user zooms seems wrong.

Apparently Safari on iOS does not use device pixels, but uses basically
CSS pixels at 100% zoom:

http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2012/07/more_about_devi.html

I think this makes the most sense.

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/fd42b37a83d1