Re: [css3-flexbox] Should "align-self:stretch" have any effect on main-size? (i.e. should stretched cross-size be used for establishing main size?)

On 09/30/2013 10:53 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> Hence my confusion at Opera & Chrome's behavior on my testcase -- they
>>> *are* letting a difference in "align-self" affect the main size of the
>>> outermost flex container and its flex item.
>>>
>>> What am I missing?
>>>
>>> ~Daniel
>>
>> Tab/fantasai: I'm still interested to hear back on this, and whether my
>> spec-change proposal at the end of the initial email in this thread [1]
>> sounds reasonable.
>
> Sorry, yes.  I was planning on handling the flexbox questions after
> the f2f with fantasai, but that's going to be harder now.  I'll try to
> get to them this week.
>
> ~TJ

Any updates on this? :)

BTW: I'm planning on landing some patches in Firefox Nightly to
(optimistically / for now) make a change along the lines of what I
suggested in the first message on this thread, so that we aren't the
only ones doing something that looks silly on this sort of content.

Also, here's a simpler testcase that demonstrates this issue:
http://people.mozilla.org/~dholbert/tests/flexbox/can-stretch-affect-main-size-2.html

(Hopefully this 2nd testcase is easier to reason about than the one I
posted before, since it only uses a single flex container, instead of
nested containers).

~Daniel