Re: [CSS21] Margin collapsing with negative margins

On 10/24/13 5:17 PM, "Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>In this test
>
>http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/margin-collapse-n

>egative-margins.html
>
>why isn't there an orange gap of 1em (50px) separating the 2 blue
>stripes?
>
>I have examined this test from all angles. What am I missing?
>
>Thanks, Gérard

Well, if one reads the definition you quote literally:

 "the maximum of the absolute values of the negative adjoining margins" ->
2em (the absolute value of the -2em margin-top)

 "the maximum of the positive adjoining margins." -> 2em (the
margin-bottom of #child-of-first-parent)

 "is deducted from" -> 2em-2em == 0em ?