Re: [css-fonts] CSS support for TrueType collection files

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

>>   @font-face {
>>     font-family: My Big Fat Font Family;
>>     src: url(bigfamily.ttc#1);  /* first font == regular */
>>   }
>>

> I agree.  We talked about the exact same syntax back in 2010:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Aug/0208.html
>
> Are you suggesting that the spec already allows this?

Yes, section 4.3 already describes this:

# Similarly, font container formats that can contain more than one
# font must load one and only one of the fonts for a given @font-face
# rule. Fragment identifiers are used to indicate which font to load.
# If a container format lacks a defined fragment identifier scheme,
# implementations should use a simple 1-based indexing scheme (e.g.
# "font-collection#1" for the first font, "font-collection#2" for the
# second font).

Cheers,

John Daggett