Re: line-height: normal and multiple descendant font sizes

Le 2013-10-17 21:49, Alan Gresley a écrit :
> On 18/10/2013 3:52 AM, Glenn Adams wrote:
>> In CSS2.1, we have the following in Section 10.8.1:
>>
>> "When an element contains text that is rendered in more than one font,
>> user
>> agents may determine the 'normal'
>> 'line-height'<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visudet.html#propdef-line-height>
>> value
>> according to the largest font size."
>>
>> I'm curious if any UA actually implements this. I have tested Chrome,
>> Opera, and Safari UAs, and none of these UAs seems to use the largest
>> font
>> size (of descendant fonts).

[snipped]

> Where the spec says "When an element contains text that is rendered in
> more than one font," it is referring to types of font style like
> 'Times New Roman', Georgia, 'Lucida Bright', etc.
>
> Your test is testing font-size, and it had anything to do with
> line-height, then it should be coded as follows.

> span { background: yellowgreen; }

[snipped]
Your code fragment, slightly modified (yellowgreen was replaced with
CSS2.1 reserved color name lime)

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3LineBox/multiple-line-box-various-font-sizes-AG.html

> There is nothing ambiguous. Where is the red line in this test case?
> Halfway?
>
> http://css-class.com/test/css/text/linebox-line-height-011.html

Your multi-tests page focuses only on 1 single line box tests. I am
*_not_* suggesting that your linebox-line-height-011.html is not
valuable or not interesting here.

Gérard