Re: Behavior of device-pixel-ratio under zoom

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 23:36:38 +0200, James Robinson <jamesr@google.com>
wrote:

>> See
>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-**view/#resizing-viewports<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#resizing-viewports>
>

> That's great, but I think you should also specify that the
> width/height/devicePixelRatio all change in the same task that dispatches
> the resize event so authors can't see an inconsistent combination.  I.e.
> if
> I'm at 100x100 @ page zoom of 1.0 and then invoke my browser's page zoom
> UI
> to go to a page zoom of 2.0 while the page is actively polling these
> values, it should only ever see 100/100/1.0 until the resize event fires
> at
> which point it should only see 50/50/2.0.

Why is it important for width/height/devicePixelRatio to not update until
the resize event fires? Is it that scripts might assume that the page has
responded to the change already if it sees a new value? Why is that a
problem for devicePixelRatio but not for e.g. getComputedStyle?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software