Re: [css-regions] Editorial comment on pseudo-elements processing model

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 17:17:36 -0700
To: Mihai Balan <mibalan@adobe.com>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
On 7/31/13 5:46 AM, "Mihai Balan" <mibalan@adobe.com> wrote:

>Currently the section of the spec discussing pseudo-elements for
>regions[1] contains references to the `run-in` value for the `display`
>property.
>Given that `run-in` got dropped from CSS2.1 and didn't get another
>official spec yet, I propose we remove the parts of the spec saying "it is
>possible to set the [...] pseudo-element's Œdisplay¹ property to Œrun-in¹
>to align it with the content's inline boxes"
>
>Thoughts?

I agree. I've removed the mentions of run-in and clarified that the
::before box and ::after box in a region box are both block containers
[1]. I believe that would be the case whether or not there was a run-in
feature to make the block boxes interact, but we'll have to see if/when
the new run-in gets designed.

Thanks,

Alan

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-regions/#regions-flow-content-box