Re: [css3-gcpm] Complex Footnotes

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 14:24:30 -0400
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: "Cramer, Dave" <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Sun, 2013-10-06 at 14:57 +0200, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> This still makes sense to me -- you wouldn't want to combine inline
> footnotes with block-level footnotes, would you?

It's quite common to format short footnotes as inline with extra space
before and after, so you can have e.g. 3 short footnotes on a line, and
longer footnotes as blocks.

I have some examples; I think they're currently in Member-only space as
I did it for the XSL-FO work but I could make them public.

Liam