Re: [css-display]? Compositing, expensive things, and laziness

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 20:34:51 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Ali Juma <ajuma@chromium.org>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>, Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right, but as soon as the animation triggers, and starts its expensive
> paint, unrelated rAF timers will hitch as well.

I'm a bit confused. If you're painting on the main thread, any attempt to
paint the content could cause delays in the firing some some rAF callback.
If you're not painting on the main thread, none of this matters. Are you
painting it on the main thread with the ability to interrupt painting to
return to the event loop?

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq