Re: [css-color] Have you considered standardizing a rgba(#RRGGBB, <alpha-value>) notation?

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM, Sebastian Zartner
<sebastianzartner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since different kinds of color values are involved in these examples, using
> rgba() doesn't make sense here. alpha() seems more logical to me.

Agreed.  I'm thinking maybe a pair of functions for each component,
set-*() and adjust-*(), for either overriding the given channel or
adjusting it up or down.  Hmm, though, there's argument for both
adjusting by a set amount, and by a percentage amount, at least for
some channels.  I'll look into what the preprocessors do, precisely.