Re: [css4-pseudo] The need for more powerful pseudo elements

From: Sam L'ecuyer <sam@cateches.is>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 14:03:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Fran├žois REMY" <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Cc: "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "CSS WG" <www-style@w3.org>

> You know that ::after(4)::after(1), ::after(4)::after(2) and ::after(5) are
> parts of your speech bubble, but the next people which will edit your
> stylesheet won't. Don't say you'll use comments because even if you do, a
> lot of people won't. And even if you're using them, not using self-contained
> modules will make a WYSIWYG editor unable to understand what you're doing
> and merge the pseudo-elements that work toegether as a cohesive group.

I've literally never had a WYSIWYG editor properly understand what I'm trying to do.
I think this is actually more of a case for named pseudo-elements than anything.

::after(speech-bubble)::after(caret), then order them using an `order` attribute.
It's semantically and syntactically clear what's going on here.  I understand the
case for decorators, but they don't currently support multiple applications.
That is, if h3{decorator:...;} and .title{decorator:...;} both match, then only .title
will be applied.