Re: [css3-page] Idea for simplier page-margin boxes

(Sorry, I've replied to Håkon only and not included the mailing list on
\cc. Moving this to public mailing list again.)

On 3/27/13 11:53 AM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> Julian Viereck wrote:
>
>   > > Going down this path, one requirement would be to position elements
>   > > wrt the page area -- I'd say that's an even more fundamental reference
>   > > than then page box.
>
>   > Can we do both? E.g.
>   >
>   >    <div style="position: pagebox">...</div>
>   >    <div style="position: pagearea">...</div>
>
> The keywords seem right. But I'm unsure how to achive the layouts we
> need. For example, how would you specify the top-left-corner margin
> box using this syntax?
>
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-css3-page-20130314/#margin-box-def
>
> The trouble is that two of the edges (top, left) are relative to the
> pagebox, while the other two (right, bottom) are relative to the
> two of the edges of the pagearea (top and left edges).

 > For example, how would you specify the top-left-corner margin box
using this syntax?

You can only if you also control the margin, e.g.:

@page {
   margin-left: 2cm;
   margin-top: 2cm;
}

Then you can do:

height: 2cm">...</div>

Alternatively, this can be solved by exposing the current's page margin
to the "calc" function. Not sure about the concrete naming, but how
about this:

calc(page-margin-left); height: calc(page-margin-top)">...</div>

- Julian