Re: [css3-background] round(N+0.5) with background-repeat: round

Le 26/03/2013 18:41, Zack Weinberg a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> What should round() do when two natural numbers are equally near? For
>>> example, with W = 250 and X = 100, should round(W / X) be 2 or 3?
>>
>> I believe in other cases, we've explicitly specified that it rounds up.
>
> Do we need to worry about the situation where a bunch of round(W/X)
> items are in a row?  If so it might be better to make it alternate.

What do you mean, in a row?

This calculation is done once per background layer, and the result of
round() is the number of times an image is repeated. (The image is also
scaled accordingly.) I don’t see how alternating between eg. 8 and 9
repeats of the same image is desirable.

--
Simon Sapin