Re: [css3-background] round(N+0.5) with background-repeat: round

From: Zack Weinberg <zackw@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:09:52 -0400
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
>> Do we need to worry about the situation where a bunch of round(W/X)
>> items are in a row?  If so it might be better to make it alternate.
>
> What do you mean, in a row?

I thought this was the calculation of how *wide* each repeated image
was, at which point it may produce a better visual appearance to
alternate rounding up and down (if memory serves, Firefox does
something like this for columns).

If it's the number of repeats, I agree alternating doesn't make sense.

zw