Re: [css3-page] Flexbox or table algorithm for page-margin box layout

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 13:10:28 -0700
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
On 3/25/13 11:22 AM, "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>Also sprach Simon Sapin:
> >
> > The automatic table layout algorithm is already very complex. (Well,
> > it¹s not specified, but the next best thing describing what browsers
>do
> > is http://dbaron.org/css/intrinsic/ )
>
>It's complex. But all UAs have implemented it. And I believe we can
>refer to it without defining it.

I'd prefer we do not refer to undefined, unspecified things. I'd much
rather put a complete description in the specification (as Simon has done)
or refer to a fully specified source. I mistrust using phrases like "the
table algorithm" as a mental shortcut if they cannot be expanded into the
proper long form.

Thanks,

Alan