Re: [css3-page] Flexbox or table algorithm for page-margin box layout

Le 25/03/2013 19:22, Håkon Wium Lie a écrit :
>   > I think that a single algorithm that supports tables (with colspan,
>   > column groups…)*and*  at the same time supports additional constraints
>   > like the above is just not realistic.
>
> It seems to be only one extra constraint: that the width of 'top-left'
> and 'top-right' remain the same. To me, this seems like a simpler way
> to describe margin boxes.
>
>   > So, maybe doing "like tables" with a different algorithm that accounts
>   > for these constraints? I believe this is exactly what’s currently in the
>   > spec:
>   >
>   >http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-css3-page-20130314/#variable-sizing
>
> Perhaps. But I can read and understand one description and not the
> other. (Unless I really take time off from email and such:)

Yes, layout is hard. I’m sorry.

"Like tables with an extra constraint" might be easy to describe and
imagine, but it leaves absolutely no clue on how to implement it. This
is the same issue as the 2006 algorithm had.

I also agree with Alan’s concerns for referring to something undefined.
(And modifying it too!)

--
Simon Sapin