Re: [css3-page] Flexbox algorithm for page-margin box layout

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:09:39 +0100
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hello Simon,

 > So it seems that we’re stuck with either:
 >
 > 1. Define a specific layout algorithm, as the current draft does.

1b would be to:

 - use the table algorithm, but make the left/right cell have the same
   used width (the max of the two)

I don't like this; @top-center must be centered wrt. the page area..

--

There's a third option using abspos relative to the page area;

  #top-left { left: 0; }
  #top-center { left: 0; right: 0; text-align: center }
  #top-right { right: 0;  }

Z-order must be defined. Overlapping content will occur. But it's quite simple.

Regards,

-h&kon