Re: The :min-width/:max-width pseudo-classes

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:56:17 -0400
To: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 3/22/13 2:51 PM, François REMY wrote:
> So, do you believe it would be better to define the local-viewport-thingy on the HTML side instead?

That would certainly make all of this much simpler (e.g. you could ahead
of time set up separate style/layout data structures for inside and
outside the viewport).

But fundamentally, this would just give the layout behavior of <iframe>
without the separate Window and without the ugliness of <iframe srcdoc>,
right?  Are we trying to avoid the former, the latter, or both?  ;)

-Boris