W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > March 2013

[css3-page][naming] New name for the page box

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:24:00 +0100
Message-ID: <513F72C0.5060501@exyr.org>
To: www-style@w3.org

In CSS 2.1 and some parts of css3-page, the "page box" is a single 
rectangle (that includes the page margins.) In other parts of css3-page, 
itís a CSS box with margins, borders and padding.

Media Queries also assumes the 2.1 definition of page box for the 
device-width and device-height media features.

Still, css3-page wants a CSS box. Iíd like to find a new name for this 
CSS box, whose containing block would be the page box, and whose content 
area is also called "page area".

I added this issue inline in

This box would also help explain everything else in css3-page: it would 
have the page border, the background propagated from the root element, 
and establish a stacking context. It would be a sibling to page-margin 

Iím basically looking for a name like "page box", except that page box 
is already used in CSS 2.1 with a different meaning. Mabye "page-content 
box", as opposed to page-margin boxes?

Simon Sapin
Received on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 18:24:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 2 May 2016 14:39:09 UTC