Re: [css-text-decor-3] Replace text-underline-position by something more generic

From: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 06:33:02 -0500
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> Hi Sebastian,
> The CSSWG reviewed your issue [1], and we don't believe that
> text-underline-position
> blocks enhancements to arbitrary text decorations. If arbitrary text
> decorations
> are added, they will simply ignore text-underline-position.

I read the minutes before, thanks.
I still believe that arbitrary decoration definitions would make this
property obsolete.

> This particular switch is important for internationalization, so we
> believe it is
> necessary to keep in the spec, and since it does not block future
> enhancements,
> we don't see a reason to remove it.

I didn't say that something like this is not needed. I know that it's
important for vertical writing modes. Though especially for these the
property name seems misleading and misused.

Sebastian