Re: Possible Vendor Prefix Solution

On Monday 2013-03-04 20:56 +1000, Tom Wardrop wrote:
> The solution I propose is to keep vendor prefixes as they are, but to
> encourage browser vendors to implement draft properties using the standard
> property name as well. To use Firefox as my example browser, Firefox should
> support both -moz-box-sizing and box-sizing. One should simply be an alias
> of the other.

This doesn't solve the problem that vendor prefixes were originally
designed to solve, which is that the draft status of the properties
is such that the group is not yet ready to commit to being backwards
compatible with content using those properties.  If the Web were
full of unprefixed uses of the properties, implementations would
have to maintain compatibility with the syntax and behavior.

-David