Re: [css3-page] Idea for simplier page-margin boxes

Julian Viereck wrote:

 > Reading the current dev spec at [1] about page-margin boxes I dislike that
 >
 > 1) the defined boxes are inflexible in the positioning on the page
 > 2) defining the content is limited to using the "content" property of CSS
 >
 > In my use case, I want to
 >
 > a) have some graphics that take up the entire background of the page box

  @page {
    background: ...
  }

 > b) put a image and some text with different fonts/styles in the same
 > page-margin box

Images you can do with:

  @page { { @top-center {
    content: url(foo.png) }
  }

Different font/styles in the same margin box cannot be achieved using
css3-page. However, GCPM specifies a way:

  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-gcpm/#running-elements

Cheers,

-h&kon