Re: [css3-page] Idea for simplier page-margin boxes

Le 03/03/2013 01:36, Julian Viereck a écrit :
> Reading the current dev spec at [1] about page-margin boxes I dislike that
>
> 1) the defined boxes are inflexible in the positioning on the page
> 2) defining the content is limited to using the "content" property of CSS
>
> In my use case, I want to
>
> a) have some graphics that take up the entire background of the page box
> b) put a image and some text with different fonts/styles in the same
> page-margin box
>
> to me this seems only hard to be achievable with the current page-margin
> box spec.

We discussed css3-page at the last f2f meeting, and the Working Group
agrees that we want to do much more than is possible with the current draft.

However this draft has been around and kind of stable for a long time,
so the plan is to publish css3-page Soon® without much more features
than it currently has, and start in parallel with css3-page.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/0384.html

The GCPM module has some ideas (as Håkon mentioned), and Regions could
also be useful.

--
Simon Sapin