Re: [CSS4 color][CSS4 transition] color pre-multiplied vs non pre-multiplied was (Re: [CSSWG] Minutes TPAC Tue 2012-10-30 AM I: Abstract Directions, Transforms, Transitions)

From: Nicolas Robidoux <nicolas.robidoux@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 08:57:37 -0500
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
1) It would appear that regardless of whether the gradient is >>computed<<
in pre- or non-pre, the >>specification<< of the starting, ending and stop
colors should be in non-pre.

2) Maybe there should be some way to specify whether the gradient should be
computed in linear light, in perceptual light, or taking the current color
space as is.

No need to correct me. I know that the probability that I am missing
something (including "everybody knows this") is high.

(Inspired by a discussion with Øyvind Kolås.)
** <http://pippin.gimp.org/>