Re: [css-images] Intent to implement object-fit and object-position in Blink

On 21.06.2013, at 01:58, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 2013-05-22 11:24 +0200, Morten Stenshorne wrote:
>> I'm considering implementing object-fit [1] and object-position [2] in
>> Blink, and would like to hear other vendors' opinions on supporting
>> these properties, most importantly to figure out if anyone is negative,
>> but also to learn about any plans to implement them. As far as I know,
>> these properties are currently only supported in Presto, where it's -o-
>> prefixed, and it's also using an older version (working draft or even
>> editor's draft - not sure) of the spec. The spec has reached CR by now,
>> though.
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-css3-images-20120417/#the-object-fit
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-images/#the-object-position
>
> The properties seem fine to me.  I don't think they're a priority to
> implement in the near future, but I think we (Mozilla) will probably
> do so eventually.

David, may I ask why you consider this feature (object-fit) as not very important?
For Responsive Designs this is a pretty essential feature which could replace
lots of JavaScript workarounds.
I personally hope this to be implemented soon in all major browsers.

-Anselm Hannemann
@helloanselm