Re: [css-regions] ::region() or ::fragment() pseudo-element

On 6/14/13 10:31 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hmm.  The whole reason I took Shadow DOM
>down the pseudo-element route was to keep the distribution selector
>from being a "normal selector", because it's really not - there's some
>tree-jumping going on.  But using an at-rule to break up the selectors
>accomplishes the same thing, and looks like it might indeed be easier
>from an authoring perspective, and better for nesting purposes.
>
>Okay, I guess I'm not opposed to switching back to an at-rule.
>
>~TJ

One of the main reasons I changed region styling to a pseudo-element is to
match the distribution selector. It did not make sense to me to have two
different ways of combining a container selector with a content selector.

Are you planning now on switching to an @distributed rule?

Thanks,

Alan