Re: [css-variables] Reopening the casing issue

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 13:17:24 +0100
To: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Le 11/06/2013 12:38, François REMY a écrit :
> CSS compressors optimize CSS files by removing white space, but also
> by sorting properties and making the casing uniform. That way,
> encoder like DEFLATE can make more use of previous parts of the file
> to avoid data duplication. My issue was that when I write
>
>    selector { var-X: something; }
>
> most CSS compressors modify it into
>
>    selector{var-x:something}

This sounds really easy to fix in a minifier: if a property name starts
with "var-", preserve casing. And as you say, if as an author you can
absolutely not update broken tools, using lower-case everywhere works
around this.

Let’s just not reopen the casing issue. But even if it were still being
discussed, I don’t think this is a strong argument.

--
Simon Sapin