RE: [css-variables] Reopening the casing issue

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:36:37 +0200
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
> Let’s just not reopen the casing issue. But even if it were still being
> discussed, I don’t think this is a strong argument.
>
> Simon Sapin

As stated in the mail, I'm okay with this resolution; I just thought it would be stupid not to mention the issue since I faced it. At least, it has been logged.

I don't believe there's a strong argument in favor of any of the possible case handling methodologies but maybe it would have been simpler to use the same casing everywhere in CSS, ie ASCII case insensitiveness. Fixing tools is always possible but putting burden on webdevs should be a justified choice, not the default one.

I understand, however, that easier interoperability can be a compelling reason enough in this specific case; that's okay.