Re: [css-shapes] restricting <uri> in shape-outside to CORS-same-origin?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:25:35 -0700
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Cc: W3C Style <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
> The working group decided to put off defining a general fetching policy
> [1] so I've borrowed from CSS Fonts. The shape-outside property now takes
> an <image> value, and I've defined how that value is handled like this:

>From the minutes of that discussion I think the WG missed the
implications. E.g. factoring it out later is not an option if you do
something else here from what's being done for background-image. Seems
like a bad decision to not carefully consider this.

> Do I need to define what occurs if the cross-origin request status is not
> a success? My interpretation was that this would result in an invalid
> image, and if there were no valid images in the <image> value this would
> result in an invalid declaration.

You'll get a network error. You'll need to define what to do with
network errors.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/