Re: inline-block baseline when the baseline would be outside of the element

Le Mer 10 juillet 2013 11:24, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 7/10/13 11:20 AM, Christian Biesinger wrote:
>> PS: I just realized that in Firefox, if I add overflow: hidden;, then
>> the baseline changes! In other words: the overflow setting affects the
>> positioning of the box. That also seems weird?
>
>  From http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#line-height last paragraph:
>
>    The baseline of an 'inline-block' is the baseline of its last line
>    box in the normal flow, unless it has either no in-flow line boxes or
>    if its 'overflow' property has a computed value other than 'visible',
>    in which case the baseline is the bottom margin edge.
>
> The fact that WebKit does not do that is a longstanding issue in WebKit.
>
> -Boris

Boris, Christian,

I went through all the tests that we have in CSS 2.1 test suite (in §
10.8.1 [1]) on baseline alignment and inline-blocks
a) with no in-flow line boxes or
b) with its overflow set to a value other than visible
and I could not find a single test that WebKit (Chrome 28.0.1500.71) fails.

I am working on new and additional tests right now to better "target" this.

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/vertical-align-baseline-00a.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/vertical-align-baseline-00b.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/vertical-align-baseline-00c.xht

Those are draft for now. These tests' filenames will eventually be
filename-renamed and submitted to CSS 2.1 test suite. So, do not bookmark
them; I will follow-up in this thread with the final filenames when I'm
finished.

I'm working on other tests (with overflow hidden).

Gérard

[1]:
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/chapter-10.htm#s10.8.1

--