Re: [CSS21][css3-text] letter-spacing, word-spacing and justification

On 07/02/2013 06:51 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-06-26 at 15:50 -0700, fantasai wrote:
>>
>> Here's a better example:
>>     http://www.sasin.edu/images/gallery/cimb01.jpg
>> Contrast the spacing on the last line of the first column with the line previous.
>
> Thanks! OK, so word spacing was adjusted first and then letter spacing;
> however, English-language newspapers do the same, even though it's not
> considered acceptable in book publishing. Thai might be the same, I
> can't tell.

IIRC, inter-cluster spacing is also used in books. (I had a stack of books
in various languages back when I was researching this. I don't have them
with me atm, however.)

> At any rate it needs to be controllable.

Sure. See the proposal to add a 'fixed' keyword to letter-spacing.

~fantasai