RE: [css3-ui] Proposal for an "overlay" value for 'overflow'

For what it's worth, Microsoft has its own proprietary property to achieve this:

    -ms-overflow-style:
        | auto
        | scrollbar
        | -ms-autohiding-scrollbar

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh441298.aspx

I believe it should be possible to standardize both at the same time ('overflow: overlay' being standardized as a shorthand for 'overflow: auto; overflow-style: overlay' or 'overflow: scroll; overflow-style: overlay').