Re: [css3-ui] Proposal for an "overlay" value for 'overflow'

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:55:15 -0800
To: Walter Dolce <walterdolce@gmail.com>
Cc: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Walter Dolce <walterdolce@gmail.com> wrote:
> Windows Vista. Chrome and FF views respectively.
>
> Safari behaves like Chrome. Opera, IE 7/8/9 like FF. Each on latest
> versions.

I said in my original email that this is a value present in WebKit,
which I'm proposing for standardization so other browsers can adopt
it.  Why would you think that any other browser supports it?  In any
non-WebKit browser, it's an invalid value, so the element uses its
default overflow value of "visible".