Re: PROPOSAL: Expressing WAI-ARIA in CSS

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:18:20 -0500
Cc: Reece Dunn <msclrhd@googlemail.com>, www-style@w3.org
To: "Jens O. Meiert" <jens@meiert.com>

Le 14 janv. 2013 à 12:49, Jens O. Meiert a écrit :
>> I am interested in being able to specify WAI-ARIA markup in CSS.
>>
>> The aria properties should cover semantics not currently specifiable
>> in CSS;
>
> Why? CSS’s purpose is not to add meaning (semantics).

Note that it would not have to be in the CSS file exactly. At the same time if it's the case. The scope of CSS Working Group seems not right for this proposal.

The proposal used the CSS Selectors, and CSS Syntax for expressing targets. It reminds me of a not very serious thing I had done in the past about semantics and using the same type of reasoning.
http://la-grange.net/web/cow/cow-20030316.html

--
Karl Dubost, someone to hire
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/