Re: Calling for a massive revamp of Paged Media and GCPM

Le 13/01/2013 12:46, Daniel Glazman a écrit :
> But [Paged Media and Generated Content for Paged Media] were never
> really implemented if you except YesLogic's PrinceXML.

Hi Daniel,

You raise very valid points, but this part is just not true. Although
not in web browsers, page-margin boxes from the Paged Media module have
multiple implementations, some of which have existed for years:

* YesLogic’s PrinceXML
   http://www.princexml.com/
* Antenna House Fromatter
   http://www.antennahouse.com/
* Flying saucer
   http://code.google.com/p/flying-saucer/
* html2pdf
   https://code.google.com/p/html2pdf/
* RealObjects’s PDFreactor
   http://www.realobjects.com/products/pdfreactor/
* WeasyPrint
   http://weasyprint.org/

fantasai and I plan to clean up the css3-page ED, fix the remaining
issues, and hopefully get it moving forward again in the WG. I am very
much in favor of finishing up Level 3 **without** adding new features to
the ED. This draft has been around way too long already.

That said, I agree that much more is needed for paged media, and I look
forward to helping make it happen in Level 4.

--
Simon Sapin