Re: [css3-exclusions] Few questions regarding text-indent and shapes bounding box

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 17:27:28 -0800
To: srirama chandra sekhar mogali <srirama179@gmail.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Praveen Munukutla <mvssspraveen@gmail.com>, "sagar.sahu127@gmail.com" <sagar.sahu127@gmail.com>
On 1/7/13 5:12 AM, "srirama chandra sekhar mogali" <srirama179@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi Alan,
>
>Thanks for the clarification. Regarding the 2nd question below, you have
>mentioned that the content should always wrap around the shape only
>regardless of it size. What about the shape-inside case, should the
>content overflow the bounding box and fit to the
> shape if the shape is bigger than the bounding box or should it be
>wrapped inside the bounding box itself?
>As i see the current implementation in webkit considers bounding box
>instead of shape if the shape is bigger than bounding box.
>
>Regards,
>Sriram

That's a timely question. Rossen and I discussed this along with a few
other issues last month, and we have an upcoming edit that will say that
we use the intersection of the shape and the content area in the
shape-inside case. Making the shape inside larger will not allow content
to 'escape' the content area. This limits the feature but preserves
sanity, I think.

Thanks,

Alan