RE: [css3-animations] CSSKeyframesRule.findRule()

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:55:33 +0000
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
[Daniel Glazman:]

> We discussed findRule() during this week's conf call.
> I guess the proposal is to change it from
>
>    CSSKeyframeRule findRule(in DOMString key);

>    sequence<CSSKeyframeRule> findRules(in DOMString key);
>
> of course, the |key| here is subject to the change proposal made earlier
> by Sylvain.

Right, we did discuss it in the context of allowing keyframe rules to cascade.

This has been out for a while though so changing it might have a compat impact.
Since we also want to be able to resolve the entire cascaded rule for a given
keyframe selector, could we use this method for that purpose? An additional
method to return all the individual un-resolved rules similar to what you propose
could then be added.