Re: [css4-images] Add format() hints to image()

From: Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:51:24 +0000
To: liam@w3.org
Thinking about bmp, tiff, tga, eps again, I'm not sure there's a
use-case there. True, they're supported by some software (eg Prince),
but if you're using them you tend to be writing for a specific UA, so
you don't really need format negotiation. Is that fair to say?

If so, we could stick with the formats likely to be negotiated across
the web, namely:

webp
mpo (3d format support by DS browser)
jxr (jpeg xr, supported in IE)
jpeg2000

With the following thrown in for compatibility:

gif
jpeg
png
svg