Re: [css-variables] Different syntax for variable definition and use

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:24:52 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
It seems CSS variables remain based on var-foo/var(foo). I stick to my
argument that this is counter-intuitive.

I don’t intend to argue against the current syntax forever, but I
still like to ask, did we explore other syntactical options, like e.g.
the following?

foo { [var]: 20 }
bar { line-height: [var]px }

Generally, could someone—no offense, but maybe not Tab :)—explain why
we are left with what we have now? I find it hard to believe that we
have no options that are more usable, i.e. user-friendly.

Thanks!

 Jens.

--
Jens O. Meiert