Re: [CSS3] [text-decor] text-decoration-line: none

Le Jeu 14 février 2013 15:57, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM, "Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org>
> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> CSS Text Decoration Module Level 3
>> Section 2.1. Text Decoration Lines: the ‘text-decoration-line’
>> property
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-decor-3/#text-decoration-line-property
>>
>> states
>>
>> "
>> Name:   text-decoration-line
>> Value:  none | [ underline || overline || line-through || blink ]
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> ‘none’
>>     Neither produces nor inhibits text decoration.
>> "
>>

>> I do not understand the "nor inhibits text decoration" part. FYI, CSS
>> 2.1
>> was only stating:
>>
>> "
>> none
>>     Produces no text decoration.
>> "
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/text.html#decoration
>
> If an ancestor has a text decoration that would apply to the element,
> "none" doesn't wipe it out.  It simply doesn't create any new
> decorations.
>
> ~TJ

Thank you, Tab. I appreciate your assistance here.

I've created:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3TextDecoration/text-decoration-line-456.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3TextDecoration/text-decoration-line-459.xht

which have an ancestor with an underline text-decoration.

Gérard
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite