Re: [CSS3] [text-decor] text-decoration-line: none

R* Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM, "Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>> ‘none’
>>     Neither produces nor inhibits text decoration.
>> "
>>
>> I do not understand the "nor inhibits text decoration" part. FYI, CSS 2.1
>> was only stating:
>>
>> "
>> none
>>     Produces no text decoration.
>> "
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/text.html#decoration
>
>If an ancestor has a text decoration that would apply to the element,
>"none" doesn't wipe it out.  It simply doesn't create any new
>decorations.

If the Working Group modified the text to clarify that, then it seems
the new text does not have the desired effect. Perhaps something more
elaborate is needed, like "Produces no text decoration on this element
but does not affect text-decoration(s?) set on ancestor elements"?